Wednesday, February 20, 2013

My Struggle With Prayer

As I've mentioned before, I've been trying to pray more. I've gotten to a place in my life where I am comfortable, and there really isn't much challenging me at the moment. I've reached a plateau.

Unfortunately, we all reach plateaus at one point or another and it feels as if we've hit a standstill. Where do I go from here?

It is through these plateaus that we must pray the most, study the bible the most, and be as close to God as possible. These plateaus are our testing periods, and where the devil tries his hardest to make us fall. He will do anything in his power to make us tremble, cry, break down, and lose hope.

Most of the time, it isn't until the devil starts poking us that we remember to pray. We can't afford to be comfortable where we are. This world is not our home, so why do we feel comfortable?

Challenge yourself to constantly be uncomfortable and in constant contact with God. Many times we think He's left us when in reality we've left Him. We've told Him we can do it ourselves, we're powerful, we're strong, we can win, but we can't! We are measly little humans. We need help from He who is all powerful, almighty, and always loving.

God is only a knee-bend away!


0 comments:

Post a Comment