Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Just keep swimming..

Alright, I know I'm a little old for Finding Nemo, but that song sure lightens my spirits and helps me keep pushing forward- especially after the past couple weeks!

I'm an interior designer and was sought out by my church to create designs for our stage last year. I agreed wholeheartedly. At the time I was finishing my last year of college and was totally overwhelmed by the amount of work I had to do for school, but I made time to select finishes and create three designs. The first time I presented them to the board of directors and seemed to get a good response from most people. Anyway, a lot of drama happened in between that presentation and my next presentation to the church in general.

The devil never sleeps.

It is so sad to see grown men and women act like children because they're not getting what they want. There has been a group of people at my church that have thrown full blown adult tantrums about the designs. Yes, I'm only 22, and these people are acting like children. I don't know what it is that makes them act the way they do. At my last presentation these people told me (in front of the whole church) that I don't know what I'm doing, that my designs are ugly, that I've bought the pastor (really?!), that they know more than I do about structural walls, etc. It doesn't end.

But... God never sleeps, either!

This whole process has been a very rough one for me as it is my first "real-life" project. Other designers who've been working for longer than I have assure me it's good that I'm dealing with all these people early on as it will prepare me for the future. Sometimes I just want to quit and let them do whatever they want. But when I started working on this project I made a commitment to God that I'd make sure this would get done right, because He deserves nothing less! It was my promise to God to do all this for free as well, and these people make it hard to want to keep that promise sometimes.

I am proud to say that at my last presentation I realized there are more people in favor of what I'm doing than not in favor. I have faith that my God will stay with me throughout this whole process and He will be victorious!

All I have to do is just keep swimming!

Then Jesus answered, "Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted."... (Matthew 15:28)

0 comments:

Post a Comment